- American Pain Foundation
- - The American Pain Foundation is a nonprofit information resource and patient advocacy organization serving people with pain...
- The American Pain Society
- - The American Pain Society is a multidisciplinary educational and scientific organization dedicated to serving people in pain.
- Cancer Hurts
- - For people whose oral medication is no longer effective or causes uncomfortable side effects, clinical studies have shown improved pain relief and comfort with intrathecal drug delivery therapy from Medtronic.
- Cancer-Pain.org: Knowledge for action
- - Credible and accurate information on state of the art management of cancer pain.
- Cancer Pain Resource Links from Janet Edrington RN MSN Oncology Certified Nurse /strong>
- -Listed below are a number of excellent web sites about cancer pain which will assist you in your search for more information . Cancer pain research is a very dynamic field.
- - Cancer Pain is acute or chronic resulting from cancer or cancer therapy.
- Partners Against Pain®
- - The Partners Against Pain Website was created by Purdue, the pharmaceutical company dedicated to providing the best possible care for people in pain.
- Patt Center for Cancer Pain and Wellness
- - provides medical care for patients suffering of Cancer Pain or Chronic Pain
- Pain Control Program from Cancer Supportive Care
- - "Pain can have a terrible effect on a cancer patient's life. It can lead to depression, loss of appetite, irritability, and withdrawal from social interaction, anger, loss of sleep and an inability to cope ..."
- Pain Management
- - by Melanie Aguillard - a first hand account.
- Pain Medicine & Pallative Care
- - Management of Pain & Other Symptoms from Beth Israel Medical Center
- Pediatric Pain Education for Patients, Families & Nurses
- - The University of Iowa College of Nursing This site is dedicated to the control of pain in children and adults.
- Persistent Pain after Breast Surgery
- - In a perfect world, I would see a patient 2-3 months post op. They would have "burning dysethetic" pain, with "allodynia" (things normally not painful, i.e., clothing touching or sheets on skin) and I would do the following: by Jim Barnett, MD
- Physical Medicine Approaches To Pain Relief
- - one needs to know if the pain comes from movement, lack of movement, position of limbs, position of the entire body or such sources as muscle tension
- Post Breast Therapy Pain Syndrome Information Handout
- - Includes: Introduction to Post-Breast Therapy Pain Syndrome, After Treatment & Talking to Your Medical Team About PBTPS, Suggestions for Alleviating PBTPS and an Upper Thoracic Nerves Graphic.
- Post Breast Pain Syndrome Issues
- - chronic pain syndromes following breast cancer treatment has been estimated to occur in 20-25% patients undergoing axillary (armpit) d issection, with or without mastectomy, and appears to correlate with the extent of axillary surgery. Additional factors linked to breast cancer-associated chronic pain syndromes include polyneuropathies caused by chemotherapy and radiation therapy, which may be additive to impairments caused by surgery