Quackery, Quacks, Urban Legends and Folklore
- National Council for Reliable Health Information (NCAHF)
- -The vocabulary of both alternative and conventional medicine is confusing and misleading. There are dozens of medical and health words used to describe, market, and influence
- Quackwatch Your Guide to Health Fraud, Quackery, and Intelligent Decisions Operated by Stephen Barrett, M.D.
- - Quackwatch, Inc., a member of Consumer Federation of America, is a nonprofit corporation whose purpose is to combat health-related frauds, myths, fads, and fallacies.
- Urban Legends
- - "An urban legend: appears mysteriously and spreads spontaneously in varying forms contains elements of humor or horror (the horror often "punishes" someone who flouts society's conventions). makes good storytelling. does NOT have to be false, although most are. ULs often have a basis in fact, but it's their life after-the-fact (particularly in reference to the second and third points) that gives them particular interest."
- Urban Legends and Folklore
- - THE starting place for exploring Urban Legends and Folklore on the Web
Return to the Cancer Links A-Z Index
Accessibility | Comments. | Top of page