Dental, Dentistry, Mucositis, Oral, Teeth and Cancer Therapy
- American Dental Association
- - The ADA is the professional association of dentists committed to the public's oral health, ethics, science and professional advancement; leading a unified profession through initiatives in advocacy, education, research and the development of standards.
- Dental Oncology Education Program (DOEP)
- - DOEP initiatives are directed at increasing the effectiveness of dental professionals in oral cancer prevention and early detection and management of oral sequelae of cancer therapy.
- Mucositis - Oral Problems and Solutions
- - Surgery to the head and neck area often affects the ability to eat. Proper planning before surgery should include a visit to a dentist to insure optimal oral/dental health, whether that involves tooth decay, gum disease or dentures. If necessary, special dental appliance can be made to replace any teeth or tissues to be removed for cancer control. These appliances will help drinking, speech, chewing and swallowing.
- Restorative Dentistry Oncology Clinic
- - focused on oral cancer patients. It is also designed as a resource for dentists/doctors and other health professionals. The RDOC web site is a not-for-profit web site that aims to help patients find free information on oral cancer easily.
- Smile: Protect Your Mouth
- - The mouth is attached to the rest of the body and it is very important to have a dental exam prior to starting any cancer therapy if possible. It is very important that the oncology and dental teams work together to maintain optimal health before, during and following therapy.